You can lessen your recovery time after a tooth extraction with a little planning. Nobody wants to have a tooth pulled, but occasionally it must be done. By planning ahead, you greatly increase your odds for a successful and speedy recovery. For a set of guidelines on what to do to recover from an extraction, look below:
– Use ice packs to reduce any swelling.
– Quit smoking, for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– Stay away from heavy exercise and other labor-intensive activities.
– Always follow the instructions from your dentist, especially regarding any prescription medications..
– If you experience any problems or anything unusual with your teeth and gums, contact our office.
– Anesthesia can cause a choking hazard, so avoid eating or drinking until the anesthesia has totally worn off.
– Be careful about what you eat after your surgery, since some foods may damage your mouth.
Dr. Calvin L. Garland and our team here at RiverLake Family Dental in our office in Sacramento, California are committed to providing you the service you require. We can be reached at 916-422-1823. We look forward to helping you in any way we can!